About Weldmar Hospicecare
Weldmar Hospicecare is a Dorset charity providing specialist end of life care for adults with a life limiting illness. Our compassionate approach supports patients and their families in the community, at home, and in our hospice. All of our care is provided free.
We have a dedicated team of nurses, doctors, therapists, social workers and counsellors, but only 21% of our funds are provided by the NHS – the rest is raised for our Dorset charity thanks to the support of the local community.
All people in Dorset living with a terminal illness being able to access the palliative care services they need, where they need it, and when they need it.
- To provide the highest quality care for patients living with a life limiting illness
- To offer support to families and others affected by the patient’s illness
- To be an active and constructive partner in the health and social care community in Dorset
- To provide our services free of charge
- To provide excellent working conditions and development opportunities for our staff and volunteers
patients and family members in Dorset received our care last year
patients were referred to our Community Nursing Team last year
patients were admitted to our Inpatient Unit last year
Figures from 1st January to 31st December, 2021
- We care for the people we support, who support us, each other and ourselves.
- We act with integrity by building relationships based on being honest and fair with open communication.
- We are warm and welcoming to everyone.
- We are adaptable, always seeking ways to improve and develop as a charity and as individuals
Quality Account for 2021/2022
This is the latest Quality Account of Weldmar Hospicecare and is produced as a statutory requirement because Weldmar receives money from the NHS.
It is also to help the users of our services and other stakeholders to see how we work to improve the service we give.Read our latest Quality Account