Who is this training suited to?
A one-day introduction to palliative and end of life care. Suitable for staff working in care homes, domiciliary care & Health Care assistant roles. It is also relevant for all staff involved in end-of-life care including housekeeping, catering and administration roles.
This course will highlight the important facets within specialist palliative care and aim to give a basic understanding.
- Hospice movement
- Talking about death
- Recognising dying and symptom management
- Total pain
- Advanced care planning
- Communication skills
- Self-awareness and self-care
- Raise awareness of recognising symptoms of the dying patient
- Challenges within communication
- Importance of self-awareness and self-care
A Weldmar Hospicecare certificate will be provided upon completion.
Please contact the Education and Development Department for further details:
Telephone: 01305 756928