Two Day Course: Thursday 11th July & Thursday 18th July 2024. Both session run from 9am to 4pm.
Who is this training suited to?
Suitable for those working on a regular basis with people affected by loss, grief and bereavement in any aspect of health and social care, palliative or end of life care either on an employed or voluntary basis.
The course aims to help attendees increase their knowledge and understanding of loss, grief and bereavement, the different ways it can affect people and how to support someone who is bereaved. This is an interactive course which includes a mix of tutorial, group discussion and some creative work to help facilitate learning.
- Gain an overview of loss and bereavement and grief theories/models.
- Understand common physical and emotional presentations of grief
- Understand personal and cultural differences
- Understand the importance of self-care and self-awareness
- Understand how to support people who are bereaved
- Reflect on learning and experience throughout the sessions
A Weldmar Hospicecare certificate will be provided upon completion.
Please contact the Education and Development Department for further details:
Telephone: 01305 756928