Supporting Weldmar at work
As well as raising vital funds and awareness for our charity, supporting Weldmar Hospicecare in your place of work can bring many benefits to your business and staff.
Why work with Weldmar Hospicecare?
- You will be assigned a dedicated member of the fundraising team who will fully support you throughout the partnership – Fiona Hansford is our Business Development Fundraiser
- Demonstrate your commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility to your staff and customers
- Partnering with us allows you to really see the difference your support is making. You will be offered the chance to visit the hospice during the partnership (coronavirus restrictions permitting).
- The team building benefits of fundraising will lead to workplace positivity and boosted staff morale
- We will help you to make the most of social and printed media opportunities linked to your fundraising
Fundraising with your colleagues in your place of work can take many forms including dress down days, bake sales, a bad tie day or raffle!
Charity of the Year
Many businesses chose a different charity each year to focus their fundraising efforts. If your employer does this, please nominate us!
Gift in Kind
As well as raising money, some businesses can donate goods or services to help us to reduce our expenditure or raise money. For example, we often need raffle or auction prizes for our fundraising events or items for event participant goody bags. If you feel you might be able to support us in this way, we would love to discuss this with you.
Cause Related Marketing
Can your business donate a small percentage of products or services you sell to Weldmar? This is an excellent way of supporting the charity on an ongoing basis or over a particular period of time.
Payroll giving allows you to make donations direct from your wages before tax is deducted, giving immediate tax relief. It also gives us a reliable, regular income. Does your employer offer this? If so, please consider choosing Weldmar Hospicecare to donate regularly to.
Every Penny Counts
Similar to Payroll Giving, Every Penny Counts allows employees to sign up to donate from their salary. Their salary will be rounded down to the nearest £1 and the pennies (up to 99p) are donated to the charity chosen by the employer. If you have a large number of employees, this can add up to a substantial amount each month and compliment your charity partnership with us.
Volunteering & Team Opportunities
There are a number of ways that your team can volunteer with us at Weldmar. This could be skills based volunteering, gardening, painting or at a fundraising event. For example, we always need help with registering event participants, marshalling our routes and selling merchandise! Let us know if you’d like to volunteer and we will let you know the current opportunities to get involved.